Well I’ve got a number of things in the queue that I’m real excited about, including several SMaSH beers:
- Maris Otter / Simcoe SMaSH with WY1968 London ESB Ale Yeast
- 2-row / Fuggles SMaSH with an extra-long boil to increase malliard reactions
- Vienna / Cascade SMaSH (yeast?)
- Another Petite Saison SMaSH fermented at 64-66F (with different base malt/hops this time, TBD)
- Bleach Blonde Ale IV (it still hasn’t been made, lol, even tho I already blogged it)
- Elderberry Wheat III (identical recipe, possibly a slightly different yeast)
- An American Pale Ale with 2-row, munich, vienna, cara-amber, and honey malt, hops schedule TBD, probably an ounce each Cascade/Centennial at 5 minutes with magnum bittering and serebrianka dry hops
- An American / Oatmeal Stout – I haven’t made a stout in a while and my last one came out GREAT! (I might just make that one again, or something close to it).
- “Election Stout” a rather complex but tasty looking pseudo-session beer, recipe by GreenKrusty101
- Something “session” or “mild,” Preferably English.
- A Rye beer, fairly hoppy
Note that I’ve done enough American IPAs and hoppy APAs for the moment. We’re in different territory now. Not everything has to be super-hopped. In fact I’ve had trouble finding commercial beers lately that aren’t IPAs or hoppy APAs.