Lately I haven’t been brewing that much, but yesterday a buddy and me did a big double batch brewday. We brewed two beers using Willamette hops, because I have a bag of Willamette leaf and I want to use it up to make space in the freezer. So here’s the first beer we brewed:
12 lbs Belgian Pilsner Malt
approximately 6 oz Willamette hops. 1.5 oz measured FWH, the rest approximated and added over a steady stir for the last 5 minutes of the boil, with a 10 minute hop stand.
Now last time I did petite saison smash I used 3711, this time I used T-58. The main reason for this was I had a pack of dry T-58 and didn’t feel like making a starter, and didn’t have any 3711 anyway, so the choice was easy. I’ve used T-58 a number of times now in my small experimental batches, and I’ve liked it. We’ll see how it performs on this batch.
Fermentation will be at 64F. I didn’t dry hop the last petite saison, so I might try it on this one, but then again I might not. We’ll see.
The other beer we brewed will be in another blog, with some pictures too! That beer is test run #1 of a clone of Texas Big Beer’s Working Stiff Ale. Much more on that to come!